Monday 31 March 2014

Being single, all my romantic attributes are getting wasted - Khushwant Walia
(Credit : Tellychakkar.com)
Many actors feel that TV shows do not give them a chance to explore their acting skills, especially with respect to the male actors. But the very good looking Khushwant Walia who is winning hearts as Rubel doesn’t have any such complaints, as he gets a chance to portray an interesting character in Star Plus’ Pyaar Ka Dard Hai…Meetha Meetha Pyaara Pyaara (Rajshri Productions).
Khushwant bares his heart in a chat with Tellychakkar.com as he avers, “I feel really lucky to have managed to play two extreme kinds of emotions in one character. Versatility is every actor’s quest and getting to play a negative turned positive role is surely a challenging task. I did my proper homework for both and thankfully with such tremendous response, all the hard work is paying off well.”
Wanting to be an actor from childhood, Khushwant has been part of drama clubs in school but it was only in college that he seriously started focusing on his acting career. “I started auditioning and was almost finalised for a show, but things did not work out. Then I was offered this role. Star Plus and Rajshri made for an awesome combination and I couldn’t just say no to it,” says the sexy and handsome guy.
Being a talented actor with the right looks, didn’t he want to start off as a lead and not a parallel one with his first show, we ask him. “Honestly I wanted to do that. But then this is not a sidelined character and has good screen space. Also the role is an exciting one. Repetition scares me and I would now like to do roles that are completely different from Rubel’s role,” he answers with a smile.
Talking about repetition, doesn’t he feel TV shows usually have same kind of scenes every day? “I take each day as a new one and try to do my scenes better every time. I push myself to try new techniques so that I don’t feel stagnant in my character. And the best part is that my creatives are so good that they always get something different from Rubel,” exclaims Khushwant.
And with his character being quite a lover boy, we wondered how romantic is he is real life? “I am a complete romantic. I am pretty confident that I can make someone feel special and I think that comes out on screen.” So is he dating someone? “No, I am single and all that I am saying comes from my past experiences. I think my romantic attributes are getting wasted (laughs out loud),” concludes the actor.
We hope you get the woman of your dreams soon Khushwant (winks).

No comments:

Post a Comment